CIW Certification/Study Guides/E-Commerce Designer Exam
E-Commerce Designer Exam
A CIW E-Commerce Designer focuses on standards, technologies and practices for both business-to-business and business-to-consumer e-commerce models. This individual understands and facilitates relationships among marketing, promotion, customer service, user interaction, purchasing methods, and secure transactions by using SSL and SET, payment gateways, inventory control, shipping and order information and site performance testing and evaluation. The CIW v5 E-Commerce Designer exam 1D0-525 tests the following common core of Internet skills:
E-Commerce Site Development
- Evaluate an e-commerce site to maximize audience usability.
- Develop and host an e-commerce site using instant storefront services and stand-alone e-commerce software.
- Implement e-commerce-based learning solutions.
- Implement inventory and fulfillment strategies for an e-commerce site.
- Implement payment-processing services for an e-commerce site.
- Develop a knowledge base.
E-Commerce Technology and Security
- Define and use standards, initiatives and e-commerce frameworks that support supplier transactions.
- Configure Web server software for an e-commerce site.
- Analyze and improve e-commerce site performance.
- Secure e-commerce transactions.
- Secure an e-commerce site.
E-Commerce Business, Marketing and Legal Issues
- Identify the effects of e-commerce on business operations and revenue generation.
- Identify legal and governmental issues in e-commerce.
- Implement effective marketing for an e-commerce site.
- Implement strategies for effective customer service and manage customer relationships in e-commerce operations.