Tribes of Kenya
Tribes of Kenya — the eighth personal exhibition of traveler and photographer Viktor Pinchuk, which was held at the Central Museum of Taurida, from March 23 to April 23, 2012.
General Information[edit | edit source]
Collection of photo works belonging to the ethnographic genre acquainted the guests of the vernissage with the peoples living in hard-to-reach areas of the equatorial country. In addition to television and press, the museum management invited students of Medical Academy — Kenyans who, being mainly residents of the capital, were surprised to see the photos depicting their compatriots from the hinterland.
Background[edit | edit source]
The photographic material were captured during the second creative trip to Africa, the route of which included two states. The coast of Lake Rudolph, in particular, Loiyangalani village (or small town), is inhabited by indigenous peoples who have retained their identity — El Molo, Samburu, Rendille and Turkana, the first letters of whose names form the word MOSARETU, which characterizes the community.
Author of exhibition had make way to the route aim for several days, with transfers. Only large trucks with goods, on top of which people are located, can be used as the only possible “passenger” transport, connecting the civilized part of the country with the outskirts, where there is no electricity, basic amenities (so habitual for a European) and in a few tiny shops, possibile buy only bottled drinks and cereals, which delivered to these parts on lorries, that plying infrequently and without a schedule.
Quote[edit | edit source]
Each of my photo works is a small window in the wall of the exhibition hall through which you can see a piece of Africa.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
External links[edit | edit source]
- "В Симферополе открылась фотовыставка крымского фотографа и путешественника «Племена Кении» (фото)". novoross.info (in Russian). Retrieved April 22, 2023.
- "Television report (ИТВ TV Company)". youtube.com (in Russian). Retrieved April 23, 2023.
- "Television report (ЧТРК TV Company)". youtube.com (in Russian). Retrieved April 23, 2023.
- Kenyan students enthusiastically look at exhibition works (photo)
References[edit | edit source]
- ↑ Viktor Pinchuk. "In search of the Lost Tribes". en.wikisource.org. Retrieved April 23, 2023.
- ↑ "Виктор Пинчук покажет симферопольцам кусочек Африки". www.3652.ru (in Russian). Retrieved April 23, 2023.