Basic Algebra/Solving Equations/Solving Equations with Variables on Both Sides of the Equation
- A letter (-) that takes the place of a number.
- An example would be like (The answer is )
NOTE: WHAT YOU DO TO ONE SIDE YOU MUST DO TO THE OTHER SIDE! NO EXCEPTIONS!
1) do the distributive property.
2) Combine like terms on both sides.
3) add/subtract numbers next to a variable on both sides.
4) divide by the number next to the variable on both sides.
5) The answer should look like: or .
(Note: the variables and numbers may vary in your answer.)
A simple problem:
Put links here to games that reinforce these skills
/ as the fraction line and put spaces between wholes and fractions!