Basic Algebra/For Contributors
Welcome to the Basic Algebra project!
Each lesson has 5 sections:
- Vocabulary - simple explanations of new terms.
- Lesson - What does this new skill let us do?
- Example Problems - three example problems worked out in detail.
- Practice Games - links to outside games on the internet that reinforce skills needed for this new skill
- Practice Problems - in three sections (easy, medium, hard). Please list the question, then give the answer in parentheses. Example 2x=6: (x=3)
Remember: All textbooks have many, many problems in common. Don't worry if the problem you add is in a copyrighted textbook. No one owns 2x = 16, for example. Be sure that you do not copy lists of problems. Make sure all word problems you give are completely original as far as subject matter is concerned. Please be sure the subject of your word problem is a BE850 word.
We assume that these students are ready for algebra. We do include a review of basic mathematics ideas in order to direct the students towards integrating their prior math knowledge, especially math vocabulary. This is a standard practice in algebra textbooks.
Also, please log in when you contribute so we can contact each other. Thanks!