Bartending/Cocktails/Hot Buttered Rum
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Hot Buttered Rum|
A hot buttered rum is a warm alcoholic beverage made with dark rum, butter, sugar, and cloves mixed with hot water.
Ingredients:[edit | edit source]
- 2 quarts hot water (1890 millilitres)
- 2 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 sticks cinnamon
- 7 whole cloves
- 1/5 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups rum
- heavy cream -- whipped
- ground nutmeg -- for topping
Directions:[edit | edit source]
- Put all ingredients, except cream, rum and nutmeg into crockpot.
- Stir well.
- Cover pot and cook on HIGH for 2 hours.
- Add rum; stir to blend.
- Serve from pot in warm mugs with a scoop of whipped cream and a dusting of nutmeg.