Autonomous Technology-Assisted Language Learning/Other Resources
Some of these resources may eventually be moved to one of the Input, Output, Interaction, Exercises or Assessment modules of the ATALL Wikibook.
- Journals specializing on technology related to language teaching and learning
- Journals on second language acquisition that sometimes publish articles and reviews related to technology
- Journals on educational technology that sometime publish articles and reviews about second language teaching/learning
- Journal of Educational Computing Research
- Moodle Glossary language learning & teaching links
- Information and Communications Technology for Language Teachers (ICT4LT)
- 101languages.com provides information about and sells many of the most popular audiocassette-, Audio CD-, and computer-based language courses that can be used by autonomous language learners. These include the FSI Language Courses, the Pimsleur Audio Courses, the PCC Audio Courses, and Rosetta Stone Language Software.
- List of Digital Library Projects
- MERLOT "MERLOT (Multimedia Education Resource for Learning and Online Teaching) is a free and open resource designed primarily for faculty and students of higher education. Links to online learning materials are collected here along with annotations such as peer reviews and assignments" (from website).
- Free Language Learning Software - Dozens of software programs for learning over 20 different languages.
- Computer-Assisted Language Learning: CALL website from the University of Wisconsin.
- Agency for Instructional Technology is a developer and distributor of educational products. It offers a large selection of educational videos, interactive software, DVDs, CD-ROMs, online resources, and print materials in English.
- A&E Classroom is part of the Arts and Entertainment Network. Here you can find guides, videos and more in English for educational use.
- BBC World Service has a special section for English learning. In this section, language learners can not only watch or listen to news around the world, but also do some exercises after watching or listening. Moreover, it provides quizzes for self-assessment. It also has resources for language teachers, providing teachng materials and lesson plans.
- Self-Access Centre
- NTNU Web Concordancer is designed for Chinese EFL learners to use.
- NTNU Speech Web Site It is NTNU Online English Pronunciation Practice website.
- TalkEnglish.comGreat site to role play as you practice speaking & lots of useful phrases!!!
- EnglishClub.com Good website for English learning and teaching
- LanguageLearningSoftware.com Reviews of CALL software and online courses
- engnet-education.com This is a bibliography of work relating to Autonomy and Computer Aided Language Learning. There is also a discussion list on the site.