Automobile Repair/Transmission fluid change
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
To change transmission fluid you will need:
- Transmission fluid
- Drain pan
- Wrench or applicable size socket
Assuming you don't have a sealed transmission (in other words there's a transmission dip stick) ensure the transmission has cooled down.
WARNING fluid is hot.
- Ensure transmission is level.
- Remove drain plug (the plug is normally on the transmission).
- Drain into pan.
- Reinstall plug.
- Refill to specified level.
- Normally check hot with engine running.