Automobile Repair/Radiator flush and fill
IMPORTANT MAKE SURE ENGINE IS COOL * HIGH PRESSURE AND HOT COOLANT CAN CAUSE BURNS* There are several reasons for flushing your radiator but here are basics steps to complete this task. Gather these items prior to starting a flush.
- antifreeze coolant
- drain pan/bucket
- drain hose ( if needed )
- any other replacement parts i.e. rad cap, thermostat, hoses, radiator, etc.
Once you have your supplies start by ensure engine is cool. DANGER DO NOT OPEN HOT UNDER PRESSURE
- open rad cap slowly to relieve any pressure.
- open drain on bottom of radiator.
- cycle run water through system until clean (this can take awhile depending on engine condition.
- close drain. fill rad with coolant to specified level usually with engine running and rad cap off.
- fill over flow if required
- check for leaks.