Automobile Repair/Honda/Odyssey/Oil Change
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Drive the vehicle on to a set of ramps
- Engage the parking brake. Place blocks behind the rear wheels.
- Place jack stands in a suitable location under the ramped vehicle. This minimizes another risk with ramps, that they can collapse. Possible locations for jack stands are the jack seam.
- Place drain pan under the vehicle and remove the drain plug with a socket.
- Place the drainung pan so that it collects the oil draining from the pan as well as covering the area under the filter.
- Remove the filter. The location varies depending on the year.
- Check that the filter gasket has been removed before installing a new filter. Lubricate the new filter before installation
- Install the drain pan
- Remove the filler plug. Add the recommended amount of oil. This is 4.3 litres of 5W-20. Secure the filler plug. Check the oil level with the dipstick. It should be close to right.
- Start the vehicle, remove it from the ramps, and place it on a level surface.
- Check the oil level and add as required.