Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Drive the vehicle on to a set of ramps.
- Engage the parking brake. Place blocks behind the rear wheels.
- Place jack stands in a suitable location under the ramped vehicle. This minimizes another risk with ramps, that they can collapse. Possible locations for jack stands are the jack seam.
- Place drain pan under the vehicle and remove the drain plug with a 17 mm socket.
- Place the draining pan so that it collects the oil draining from the pan as well as covering the area under the filter.
- Remove the filter. Located at the back of the engine about a 30cm above the exhaust pipe.
- Lubricate the new filter before installation
- Install the drain plug.
- Remove the filler plug. Add the recommended amount of oil. This is 4.3 litres () of 5W-20. Secure the filler plug. Check the oil level with the dipstick. It should be close to right.
- Start the vehicle, remove it from the ramps, and place it on a level surface.
- Check the oil level and add as required.