From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
Purpose of this page: explains how the Arabic words will be displayed. Proposals:
- Use Arabetics fonts in some of sections of the book.
- Include Arabic type with fathäh, kasräh, etc. So that the Arabic text is adequate enough to figure out the pronunciation. This probably requires the next proposal to be implemented.
- Show Arabic type as a picture so it is viewable on all computers. This is necessary to show the vowelizing symbols (a.k.a. "tashkiil") (fathäh, kasräh, etc.) properly.
- Make transliteration optional to view.
- Allow the user to choose to see vowelized or unvowelized texts, when viewing a page.
These are to be discussed on the talk page.
Anything agreed upon goes below for future authors.