Annotated Republic of China Laws/Immigration Act/Article 15
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Article 10 to Article 14||Immigration Act
Republic of China (Taiwan) Law
Promulgated amendment on 2015-02-04, effective 2015-02-05[edit | edit source]
|Wikisource has original text related to:|
- Article 10
- The National Immigration Agency shall deport a national without household registration in the Taiwan Area and restrict his/her reentry if he/she has entered the State without permission or has overstayed his/her visit or period of residence, or has overstepped the deadline of mandatory exit.
- When a national without household registration overstays the period of his/her residence for less than thirty (30) days but has a valid purpose of residence indicated in the original application, he/she can re-apply for residence at the National Immigration Agency, subject to penalties for violations pursuant to Subparagraph 4 of Article 85. However, the accumulated period of residence in the Taiwan Area will be reduced by one (1) year when applying for permanent residence.
- An alien awaiting deportation stated in Paragraph 1 may be temporarily detained by the National Immigration Agency if a compulsory exit order is difficult or impractical to enforce. This period shall not exceed 15 days from the date of temporary detention. Upon exiting, the alien shall have his/her entry permit or other entry permit document cancelled and revoked by the National Immigration Agency. The provisions of the three preceding Paragraphs shall also apply to individuals who have entered the State before the present Act was enforced.
- The provisions of Paragraphs 3 and 4, Article 36 and Paragraph 6, Article 38 shall apply to the deportation process mentioned in Paragraph 1. The temporary, continued and extended detention mentioned in Paragraph 3 shall be implemented in accordance with the provisions of Article 38 and Article 39.
Annotated by Wikibooks[edit | edit source]
- "Immigration Act". Immigration Office (Taiwan). 2015-04-30. Retrieved 2017-01-08.