Annotated Republic of China Laws/Copyright Act/Article 88
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Article 87||Copyright Act
Republic of China (Taiwan) Law
Promulgated amendment on 2003-07-09
|Wikisource has original text related to:|
- Article 88
- A person who unlawfully infringes on another person's economic rights or plate rights out of intention or negligence shall be liable for damages. Where multiple persons engage in unlawful infringement, they shall bear joint and several liability for damages.
- With regard to the damages referred to in the preceding paragraph, the injured party may make claim in any of the following manners:
- 1. In accordance with the provisions of Article 216 of the Civil Code; provided, when the injured party is unable to prove damages, it may base the damages on the difference between the amount of expected benefit from the exercise of such rights under normal circumstances and the amount of benefit from the exercise of the same rights after the infringement.
- 2. Based on the amount of benefit obtained by the infringer on account of the infringing activity; provided, where the infringer is unable to establish costs or necessary expenses [of the infringing act or articles], the total revenue derived from the infringement shall be deemed to be its benefit.
- If it is difficult for the injured party to prove actual damages in accordance with the provisions of the preceding paragraph, it may request that the court, based on the seriousness of the matter, set compensation at an amount of not less than ten thousand and not more than one million New Taiwan Dollars. If the damaging activity was intentional and the matter serious, the compensation may be increased to five million New Taiwan Dollars.
Annotated by Wikibooks
- "Copyright Act". Laws & Regulations Database of The Republic of China. Ministry of Justice (Taiwan). 2003-07-09. http://law.moj.gov.tw/Eng/news/news_detail.aspx?id=427. Retrieved 2016-11-23.