Annotated King Reference Manual/Definitions
Characters[edit | edit source]
A King compilation unit is a sequence of lines; a line is a sequence of Unicode characters.
Some character subsets are named :
- letter_lowercase : ASCII lowercase letters
a .. z
- letter_uppercase : ASCII uppercase letters
A .. Z
- number_decimal : ASCII digits
0 .. 9
- graphic_character : any character with an associated character literal
- underline : ASCII
Syntax Notation[edit | edit source]
The form of a King program is described by a formal syntax and semantic rules.
The chosen formal syntax is broadly inspired by Ada RM section 1.1.4 "Method of Description and Syntax Notation".
One change is that terminal symbols are represented in bold (not surrounded by
Attributes[edit | edit source]
- Provide access to basic information about a subtype or value of a subtype: 'First, 'Position, 'range ...
- Provide basic functionality related to a subtype: 'Image, 'Value, 'Finalize ...
Aspects[edit | edit source]
Aspects specify properties of an entity: Overflow_Checking, Default_Initial_Condition ...
Operations[edit | edit source]
Primitive subprograms: Length, Is_Empty, Clear ...
Rationale[edit | edit source]
Discussion[edit | edit source]