Anatomy and Physiology of Animals/Cardiovascular System/The Heart/Test Yourself Answers
1. Via what vessel does blood enter the heart from the body?
- Blood enter the heart from the body via the cranial and caudal vena cavae.
2. Blood passing through the right atrioventricular valve passes into which chamber of the heart?
- Into the right ventricle.
3. What is the function of the pulmonary valve?
- The pulmonary valve prevents backflow of blood from the pulmonary artery into the right ventricle.
4. Does the pulmonary artery carry deoxygenated or oxygenated blood?
- The pulmonary artery carries deoxygenated blood.
5. The walls of the heart are made of what tissue?
- The walls of the heart are made of cardiac muscle.
6. Does the aorta carry deoxygenated or oxygenated blood?
- The aorta carries oxygenated blood.