Radio[edit | edit source]
Important aspects of a radio ad are duration and tempo. Some ways to use tempo include pausing for emphasis, and making the tone competitive or mellow. Radio advertisers try to make a "natural rhythm": using emphasis to create beats in words and phrases.
Types[edit | edit source]
- Pitch - An announcer talking.
- Situation - A dramatization, or "story"
Other types of radio ads are combinations of these three:
- Bed - Pitch with a Song background.
- Donut - A Song with a Pitch in the middle.
- Tag - A Song with a Pitch at the end.
- Vignette - A Pitch, followed by a Situation, followed by a Song
The basic structure of a radio ad is Context (beginning), Content (middle), Conclusion (end).