Adventist Youth Honors Answer Book/Vocational/Automobile Mechanics - Advanced
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Automobile Mechanics - Advanced|
|Skill Level 3|
|Year of Introduction: 1964|
The Automobile Mechanics - Advanced Honor is a component of the Technician Master Award .
- 1 1. Have the Automobile Mechanics Honor
- 2 2. Disassemble, inspect, and reassemble an automobile or light truck engine. Replace any defective or worn parts. Rebuild, start, and operate the vehicle. Keep a complete log of events during the overhaul.
- 3 3. Remove and replace a standard or automatic transmission assembly.
- 4 4. Rebuild the brake assembly on an automobile or light truck, following proper safety procedures. Demonstrate proper brake bleeding and adjustment. Properly repack a wheel bearing.
- 5 5. Perform a minor tune-up, including the replacement of spark plugs and visually checking the electrical system.
- 6 References
1. Have the Automobile Mechanics Honor