Adventist Youth Honors Answer Book/Recreation/Tree Climbing
Jump to navigation Jump to search
South Pacific Division/Island Ed.
|Skill Level Unknown|
|Year of Introduction: Unknown|
- 1 1. Practice your tree climbing skills a number of times on a 10-15 foot tree.
- 2 2. Climb a 20-foot coconut tree. Demonstrate the manner of getting back down to the ground safely.
- 3 3. a. Climb a tree using any one of four common methods.
- 4 3. b. Describe the other methods in detail to the instructor.
- 5 4. The instructor should select trees suitable for climbing; one with lots of branches, the other a coconut tree. Each person must demonstrate on each of the two trees on how to apply the two methods of tree climbing (squat hopping and monkey type.)
- 6 5. Demonstrate how you would safely carry a bush knife and an axe up a tree.
- 7 6. a.Climb a coconut tree demonstrating how you would carry a bag.
- 8 6. b. Remove a coconut without using a knife or sharp instrument using only your limbs and return to the ground with it in your bag.
- 9 7. Know how to remove an injured person from a tree.
- 10 References