Adventist Youth Honors Answer Book/Recreation/Travel - Advanced
|Travel - Advanced|
North American Division
|Skill Level 2|
|Year of Introduction: 2009|
1. Earn the Travel honor.
2. View a travelogue program not previously watched, of a unique location you would like to visit.
AdventSource sells an Adventist-produced travelogue video series created specifically for this honor, called "The Nature of God in Nature". There are currently two episodes: Hawaii and The Lake District. Both come with English and Spanish audio options.
3. What safety considerations should you think of when traveling?
1. Do your research Get to know your destination in depth before you arrive. Read traveler reviews and consult with locals for information about the safest neighborhoods, places to stay and incidences of crime.
2. Don’t draw attention People who look like they’re from out of town are especially vulnerable to crime, so try to blend in as much as you can.
3. Make copies of important documents You never know when you might need a copy of your passport, driver’s license or another form of identification. Scan these documents to save online and print out several hard copies. That way, you won’t be scrambling to find proper documentation if you need to get home.
4. Keep your friends and family updated No matter whether you’re going, on an overnight jaunt or a month-long international journey, it’s always a good idea to let friends or family back home know.
5. Be wary of public Wi-Fi Don’t let the convenience of Internet access cloud your judgment. When you use public Wi-Fi, hackers looking to steal valuable information can access your data.
6. Safeguard your hotel room Even if your hotel has strong security measures in place, there are steps you can take to make your room safer. Lock and dead-bolt the door and keep your windows shut.
7. Be aware of your surroundings Don’t let your guard down to snap the perfect picture for your social media platforms. Keep an eye on your personal belongings at all times and use good judgment when talking to strangers
4. What health recommendations or requirements are recommended by your country’s health depart/office when traveling internationally?
5. Create a 7-day international trip plan for a “family vacation”
a.Create a 7-day planner and include: i.A description of one historic site to visit ii.A list and description of two natural sites to visit iii.A description of one recreational site to visit
Note: First and last days may be travel days