Adventist Youth Honors Answer Book/Outreach/Preach It
North American Division
See also Preach It - Advanced
|Skill Level 2|
|Year of Introduction: 2009|
The Preach It Honor is a component of the Witnessing Master Award .
- 1 Instructor required
- 2 1. Spiritual Preparation
- 3 2. Seed sowing
- 4 3. Invitation – Demonstrate and/or explain three ways to invite someone to an evangelistic meeting.
- 5 4. Understand a Budget
- 5.1 1. Develop a budget with the pastor or your evangelistic team leader
- 5.2 2. Know how much money you have to work with and how to adjust your planning based on your budget
- 5.3 3. Unless it is already available at your venue, find out the costs of
- 6 5. Know the law/code regarding holding public meetings in your area.
- 7 6. Equipment Knowledge - List, describe the use of, and specialized care for the equipment needed in a media-based evangelistic series, such as the following
- 8 7. Sermon Preparation - Using Media type split screen computer evangelist sermons
- 9 8. Getting Decisions – Altar Calls
- 10 9. Present a five minute sermon you have edited
- 11 10. Evangelist Meeting Follow-up
- 12 References
- Unlike many AY Honors, this honor does not have “knowledge” requirements categorized separately from action requirements. Rather, the requirements for honor completion are listed categorically.
- Instructor Requirements
- A. An adult who has preaching skills OR
- B. Any holder of the advanced Preach It honor OR
- C. Your pastor
1. Spiritual Preparation
a. What is intentional spiritual preparation?
b. Discuss with your instructor the role of spiritual preparation in evangelism.
2. Seed sowing
a. What is seed sowing?
Seed sowing is an activity that opens the way for evangelism. It is somewhat secular in nature, and thus non-threatening to people who are anti-religion. People who would not normally attend an evangelistic program may well attend one of these activities. If successful, a seed-sowing activity leaves a positive impression about the church on the participants and establishes a level of trust.
b. Name 5 examples of “seed sowing”
- Depression Seminar
- Personal Finance Seminar
- Computer classes
- Healthy Lifestyle Management classes
- Auto Mechanic class
- Child care
c. Participate in at least one “seed sowing” event
Though this honor requires you to participate in only one seed sowing event, it is good practice to host two seed sowing events between each evangelism series.
3. Invitation – Demonstrate and/or explain three ways to invite someone to an evangelistic meeting.
4. Understand a Budget
1. Develop a budget with the pastor or your evangelistic team leader
2. Know how much money you have to work with and how to adjust your planning based on your budget
3. Unless it is already available at your venue, find out the costs of
Mailing and postage costs
- Radio announcements;
5. Know the law/code regarding holding public meetings in your area.
6. Equipment Knowledge - List, describe the use of, and specialized care for the equipment needed in a media-based evangelistic series, such as the following
Know proper care of equipment
- How to protect from dust (especially in 3rd world countries)
- Demonstrate ability to properly connect to computer and operate
Know proper care (protection from dust etc.)
Demonstrate ability to hook up and use with projector.
- Understand the program for using a “split screen”
- Be familiar with the various plug adapters for use in other countries