Adventist Youth Honors Answer Book/Arts and Crafts/Stamps (Template)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Arts and Crafts
|Skill Level 2|
|Year of Introduction: 1933|
The Stamps (Template) Honor is a component of the Artisan Master Award .
- 1 1. Relate briefly the story of the beginning of the postal service in your country.
- 2 2. How is the history of your country told in postage stamps?
- 3 3. What are the rates for first-class mail in your country?
- 4 4. What country does not have its name on its stamps and why?
- 5 5. Know the meaning of the following
- 6 6. Have a knowledge of how to soak stamps from paper and how to dry them.
- 7 7. Make a collection of at least 750 stamps. (No two stamps alike.)
- 8 8. Properly classify these stamps
- 9 9. Mount your stamps with gummed hinges or plastic mounts. (Plastic mounts are preferred for mint stamps.)
- 10 10. Choose a topical idea and develop a display of at least nine pages, including a title page, suitable for a stamp club show, Pathfinder Fair, etc. Display should be artistically arranged, neatly labeled and mounted, showing careful thought and research. Be sure to include several covers or cachets.