Adventist Youth Honors Answer Book/Arts and Crafts/Stamps (Australia)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Arts and Crafts
South Pacific Division
|Skill Level 2|
|Year of Introduction: 1933|
The Stamps (Australia) Honor is a component of the Artisan Master Award .
- 1 1. Relate briefly the story of the beginning of the postal service in your country.
- 2 2. Tell of the origin of the city delivery service and the extent of its development.
- 3 3. Tell the story of the rural mail service and what it has meant to the people residing in the country.
- 4 4. How is the history of your country told in postage stamps?
- 5 5. What are the standard rates for air mail, surface mail, domestic and foreign?
- 6 6. Give the parcel post rates on one kilogram for the first five zones.
- 7 7. Make a collection of at least one thousand stamps (no stamp alike).
- 8 8. Properly classify these stamps
- 9 9. Mount stamps correctly in a stamp album.
- 10 10. Have a collection of at least twenty five stamps on one of the following Biblical themes
- 11 11. Relate the theme presented in the stamps, by expressing in an essay of one hundred words how this theme affects your life.