Adventist Youth Honors Answer Book/Arts and Crafts/Postcards
|Arts and Crafts
North American Division
See also Postcards - Advanced
|Skill Level Unknown|
|Year of Introduction: 2013|
The Postcards Honor is a component of the Artisan Master Award .
1. Relate briefly the story of the beginning of the postcards in your country.
2. How was your country’s postal system affected by the coming of postcards?
3. What are the mailing rates for postcards and letters in your country?
4. What is the term used in your country for postcards collecting?
Deltiology in the United States.
5. Give a brief description of each of the following eras of postcards
- Pre-postcard era
- Pioneer era
- Private mailing card era
- Undivided back era
- Divided back era
- Early modern era (White Border)
- Linen card era
- Photo chrome era
6. Briefly describe each type of postcards
- View cards
- Greeting cards
- Historical cards
- Art cards
- Photographic cards
7. Show and label a picture of a postcard from each of the above eras.
8. Have some knowledge of preserving postcards.
9. Make a collection of at least 50 postcards. (No two postcards alike.) Your collection MUST include the following
- a. Begin your arrangement with a postcard of a religious nature
- b. Postcards from at least 10 states/provinces/countries
- c. Postcards from at least 2 other countries that are not your own
10. Arrange the collection of postcards in a suitable display and display at a pathfinder event.
11. How were greetings sent in Biblical times?
All God’s people here send their greetings. 2 Cor 13:13 (NIV)
Greet all God’s people in Christ Jesus. The brothers and sisters who are with me send greetings. Phil 4:21 (NIV) or
The children of your sister, who is chosen by God, send their greetings. 2 John 1:13 (NIV)