Adventist Youth Honors Answer Book/Arts and Crafts/Counted Cross Stitch
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Counted Cross Stitch|
|Arts and Crafts
|Skill Level 2|
|Year of Introduction: 1986|
The Counted Cross Stitch Honor is a component of the Artisan Master Award .
- 1 1. Have a tote with cross-stitch materials, including at least one hoop, masking tape or Fra-check, needles, and scissors.
- 2 2. What is the difference between cross-stitching, counted cross-stitch, and embroidery?
- 3 3. Know at least four stitches used in counted cross-stitch.
- 4 4. Cross-stitch a simple object in three different sizes of aida cloth. Mount and label the size and name of aida cloth used, stating how many floss strands are to be used with each.
- 5 5. Make a counted cross-stitch of a quote with a border and frame it for hanging, using at least three different stitches.
- 6 6. Make at least a 5 x 7 inches (12.7 x 17.8 cm) counted cross-stitch on aida-14 of a nature scene.
- 7 References