A Quick Introduction to Unix/TODO
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
To Do List for A Quick Introducton to Unix wikibook
While the individual sections of the book are near complete, some additions are called for.
- Environment Variables
- Getting Help (use of man and info etc)
- Root Access (sudo / su etc. what is root)
To be added for RITS
Before RITS training shell, stdin stdout stderr export and shell variables basic commands file structure heredoc redirection piping text editing a .sh file
- Elaborate on the shell - variables and process. Theory/philosophy. Multiple shells.
- Command history
- Tab completion, last argument etc.
- elaborate piping. add tee.
- $editor in .bashrc