1. How much energy does a photon with a frequency of 50kHz carry?
2. A photon carries 10-30J of energy. What is its frequency?
3. How many photons of frequency 545 THz does a 20W bulb give out each second?
First calculate the amount of energy given out per. second:
Then, calculate the amount of energy carried by each photon:
Then divide the former by the latter to give the number of photons n:
4. In one minute, a bulb gives out a million photons of frequency 600 THz. What is the power of the bulb?
First calculate the energy carried by one photon:
Then work out the energy carried by 1,000,000 photons:
Then work out the power of the bulb:
...maybe its a nanobulb.
5. The photons in a beam of electromagnetic radiation carry 2.5μJ of energy each. How long should the phasors representing this radiation take to rotate?
First calculate the frequency of each photon:
(That's one nasty gamma ray.)
Then calculate the time taken for one 'wavelength' to go by: