From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
Statistics 1 (S1) MEI Course
The Statistics 1 course introduces A -Level Students to the following topics:
- Presenting Data - Cumulative Frequency, use of graphs|Presenting Data - Cumulative Frequency, use of graphs
- Exploring Data - Standard Deviation, Root Mean Squared Deviation, Mean, Averages.
- Probability - Independent/Mutually Exclusive events. Introduction to Notation. Conditional Probability
- Discrete Random Variables - Use of variables to show the probability of a particular result. Expectation and Variance.
- Further Probability - Permutations and Combinations.
- The Binomial Distribution - E(X) = np and Var(x) = npq
- Hypothesis Testing using the Binomial Distribution - Accepting/Rejecting Ho