A-level Computing 2009/ICT Projects using LAMP
A-level students of Computing and ICT are required to produce a substantial coursework project. The Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP platform is a sound development platform for projects of this size.
This wikibook will lead you through the development of an A-level project using these tools and advise on the way to present the project for your examiners. The book will develop the example of a local video/DVD rental shop offering an on-line catalog and reservation system for use by its customers and staff. (This is just a thought - we could develop a different example, or even use a live solution off Sourceforge.net).
Proposed chapter titles:
- Setting up your XAMPP server;
- Downloading and installing systems (using rt as an example?);
- Specifying the problem;
- Possible solutions;
- Selecting the best solution;
- Designing in detail;
- Building the database;
- Implementing the PHP front end;
- Documenting your solution;
- Evaluating your solution;
- Possible problems for you to address.