A-level Chemistry/OCR (Salters)/The Oceans
The Oceans is the twelfth unit in the Salters Advanced Chemistry course.
Chemical Storylines sections
- O1: The edge of the land
- O2: Wider still and deeper
- O3: Oceans of energy
- O4: A safe place to grow
- O5: Summary
Chemical Ideas sections
- 5.1 Ions in solids and solutions (revision)
- 3.2 The size of ions
- 4.5 Energy changes in solution
- 4.6 Born-Haber cycles
- 4.4 Energy, entropy and equilibrium
- 5.4 Forces between molecules: hydrogen bonding (revision)
- 7.1 Chemical equilibrium (revision)
- 7.2 Equilibria and concentrations (revision)
- 8.1 Acid-base reactions (revision)
- 7.7 Solubility equilibria
- 11.2 The s block: Groups 1 and 2 (revision)
- 8.2 Weak acids and pH
- 8.3 Buffer solutions
- O1.1 What is the relationship between a solvent and the substances that dissolve in it?
- O1.2 What changes occur when an ionic solid dissolves?
- O1.3 What factors affect the enthalpy change of formation of an ionic compound?
- O3.1 The enthalpy change of vaporisation of water
- O3.2 What crystals form when a solution is cooled?
- O4.1 Finding out more about weak acids
- O4.2 Investigating some buffer solutions
- O5 Check your notes on The Oceans