A-level Chemistry/OCR (Salters)/Designer Polymers
Designer Polymers is the seventh unit in the Salters Advanced Chemistry course.
Chemical Storylines sections
- DP1 Designer polymers
- DP2 The invention of nylon
- DP3 Polyesters: from clothes to bottles
- DP4 Kevlar
- DP5 Taking temperature into account
- DP6 Poly(ethene) by design
- DP7 Throwing it away... or not?
- DP8 Summary
Chemical Ideas sections
- 5.4 Forces between molecules: hydrogen bonding (revision)
- 5.5 The structure and properties of polymers
- 13.3 Carboxylic acids and their derivatives (revision)
- 13.4a,b The –OH group in alcohols, phenols and acids (revision)
- 13.5 Esters (part revision)
- 13.8 Amines and amides
- DP2.1 Making nylon
- DP2.2 Taking nylon apart
- DP4 Comparing models of nylon–6,6 and Kevlar
- DP5 Bubble gum - or bubble glass?
- DP8 Check your notes on Designer Polymers