Cookbook:Soy sauce chicken
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
|This Cookbook page needs work. Please improve it. See the talk page for discussion regarding improvements.
The following reason was given: expand to not need additional cookbook, e.g. quantities, procedure
Soy sauce chicken (醬油雞) is a northern Chinese dish.
Consult a Chinese cookbook for detailed instructions on creating the dish.
- chicken parts (legs or wings)
- green onions
- cooking oil
- 2-3 tablespoons (30-45ml) of soy sauce
- 2-3 tablespoons (30-45ml) of cooking wine
- Chopped ginger
- No more than a tablespoon of sugar
- Enough water to cover the chicken in a pan
- Fry some chicken parts (such as wings and legs) in a pan with green onions and oil until the outside of the chicken parts are brown.
- Put in a few table spoons of soy sauce, a few table spoons of cooking wine, chopped ginger, and at most a tablespoon of sugar. Add enough water to cover the chicken.
- Do not cover pot. Simmer at low heat until most of the liquid has evaporated.