Sockerdricka (Swedish for "sugar drink") is a soft drink from the 19th century. It is traditionally a fermented drink that contains ginger, but modern commercial versions consist of carbonated water, some sugar, and citric acid.
- Boil the sugar, water, lemon and crushed ginger for 15 minutes.
- Strain the mixture and let it cool.
- Mix in the yeast and let the mixture ferment for two days.
- Put the drink in bottles and add a raisin to each bottle.
After five days the sockerdricka is ready for drinking.
Notes, tips and variations 
- The recipe above has lots of yeast, and not much ginger. It would work well with just 10g yeast. More ginger would be good, e.g. 100g of fresh ginger for 20 litres.