From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- 4 firm, ripe pears peeled, cored, and sliced (2½ pounds)
- 12 ounces cranberries
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- ⅔ cup sliced almonds
- ⅔ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- ½ cup butter cut into pieces
- 1 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Toss pears, cranberries, sugar, and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon in 9x9 baking dish until blended.
- Combine oats, almonds, brown sugar, butter, flour, and remaining ¼ teaspoon cinnamon in large bowl.
- Blend with fingertips.
- Sprinkle over fruit and pat down lightly.
- Bake until pears are tender and topping is golden, about 45 minutes.
- Serve hot or warm.
Tips, Notes, and Variations 
- In a 15 inch Dutch Oven: top briquettes - 19; bottom briquettes - 12. Bake 35 to 45 minutes, check crisp after 30 minutes.