Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Vegan cuisine | Beverages |
- 1 dl peanuts
- 1 ml sea salt
- 10 dl water
- a blender
- a colander
- a fine filter of some sort, e.g. a reusable coffee filter
- a funnel
- two bottles
- Rinse peanuts in colander. If salted peanuts are used, rinse well with hot water.
- Place peanuts in blender with half of the water, and blend on high speed for maybe 1-2 minutes.
- Add the rest of the water and blend on high speed for maybe 1 minute, until smooth.
- Pour into a bottle, add the salt, shake, and put in the fridge for a few hours.
- When most of the peanut flour has settled at the bottom of the bottle, pour carefully through a filter into another bottle.
- When the filter starts clogging with peanut flour, squeeze out the milk, and rinse the filter. You can also use a spoon or something similar in the filter to help most of the milk get through before squeezing.
- Additional sweetener or other flavouring, e.g., vanilla, may be added to taste.
- The sea salt takes away the watery feeling. It should not taste salt. You can experiment as to what amount is right for you.
- The same goes for the thickness of the milk. Add more or less water to taste.
- Peanuts are extremely nutritious, and does not have the same health issues as soy.