Cookbook:No Name Easy Christmas Fruit Cake
- 1½ cup (360g) raisins
- ¼ cup (60ml) orange juice
- 1 cup (240g) butter (softened)
- 1 packet of cream cheese (250g)
- 1½ cups (360g) brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 cups (140g) all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- In a saucepan on low heat warm raisins and orange juice until liquid is absorbed, then set aside.
- In large bowl beat butter cream cheese with sugar until fluffy, add eggs one at a time and orange rind. Stir again.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg, stir into batter adding raisin mixture.
- Spoon into a greased and floured 9 inch tube pan or bundt pan.
- Bake in 300°F (~160°C) oven for about 80 minutes. Check it at 60 minutes with a cake tester stick.
- Let cool in pan for 5 minutes turn onto a rack to cool completely.
- This cake can be eaten a day later no fuss no waiting around for it to age.
This recipe was written out by my husbands sister who passed away at a very young age of 37, 12 Christmases ago. Thought we'd keep her cake alive and pass it on. We have no idea what recipe book this is out of but lets keep it alive as a memory cake.
Diane and Lorne Merry Cake Christmas to one and all.