From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
|Time||5-7 minutes per batch|
- vegetable oil for frying
- 1½ cups yellow corn meal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1¾ teapoons salt
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- Pour oil 3 to 4 inches in pan and preheat to 370°F.
- In bowl mix cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cayenne.
- In same bowl or in other mix eggs, green onions, milk and ¼ cup vegetable oil.
- If in separate bowl mix two bowls together.
- Spoon 6 or 7 tablespoons of the batter into preheated oil.
- Fry, stirring constantly for over all browning, until golden brown.
- Remove from heat and drain on paper towel.