Cookbook:Baked Potatoes in Foil
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
|Baked Potatoes in Foil|
|Servings||As many as you like|
Baked Potatoes - Potatoes are perfect for camping, they don't take up space in the cooler and cooked in foil they are easy to prepare.
Also known as: stuffed potatoes
- 1 large baking potato
- cooking oil
- salt and butter or sour cream (optional)
- other possible toppings: spicy beans, avocado, salsa, mushrooms, grated cheese ... whatever is left in the fridge!
Prepare the potato
- Scrub potato and pierce the skin all over with a fork.
- Wrap in lightly oiled heavy-duty foil and seal.
- Cook over medium-hot coals for 45 minutes or until soft.
- Serve with salt and butter or sour cream .
- Clean and prepare potatoes as above, but wrap them in waxed paper, NOT foil.
- Place a piece of paper towel in the microwave and microwave potatoes on high for 8 minutes. Note: potatoes will be extremely hot when finished.
- Cut potato into four and serve with toppings of your choice.
- Clean and prepare potatoes as above, but wrap them in foil, NOT waxed paper..
- Place the potatoes in the oven.
- Cook for one hour.
- Remove when cooked.
- When cooking is initially completed, handle the hot potato with care.