Georgia Water/Best Practices
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Quantitative Methods[edit | edit source]
- Environmental Performance Measurement Project
- Elements of a State Water Monitoring and Assessment Program, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, March 2003. The document recommends the ten basic elements of a State water monitoring program.
References[edit | edit source]
- National Technology Transfer and Advancement Act of 1995, Public Law 104-113 (on 3-7-96), Section 12(d)(1) …”all Federal agencies and departments shall use technical standards that are developed or adopted by voluntary consensus standards bodies, using such technical standards as a means to carry out policy objectives or activities determined by the agencies and departments.”
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO) as “ISO 14001: International Management Systems—Specification with Guidance for Use” is a primary "voluntary consensus standards" body, per US-NTTAA.
- Executive Order 13148 (April 2000) requires US federal agencies to use an Environmental Management System (EMS) for improvement.