Saylor.org's English Composition/Re-defining What It Means to Write
Upon successful completion of this unit, the student will be able to:
- Describe writing as a means of communication.
- Practice techniques for identifying and writing for specific audiences.
- Describe writing as a process and explain how that process influences thinking.
- Practice the stages of the PWR writing process.
- Practice prewriting techniques.
- Practice critical reading and thinking skills essential to college writing.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the importance of consistent style and formatting.