Cookbook:Soup alla Maria Pia
|This Cookbook page needs work. Please . See the talk page for discussion regarding improvements.
The following reason was given: Ingredients should have quantity listed. Procedure should be broken up to conform with Cookbook standard format.
- White stock (chicken or veal)
- White beans (haricot or flagelot - not lima or butter beans)
- Soak one pound of white beans for twelve hours, then put them into a stock pot with a little salt, butter, and water, add a carrot, an onion, two leeks, and a stick of celery, and simmer until the
- vegetables are well cooked; then take out all the fresh vegetables, drain the beans and pass them through a sieve, but first dilute them with good stock. Put this puree into a stock pot with good
- white stock, and when it has boiled keep it hot in a bain-marie until you are about to serve; then mix the yolk of three eggs in a cup of cream, and add this to the soup. Pour the soup into a warm
- tureen, add some boiled green peas, and serve with fried croûtons handed separately.
This page incorporates text from the public domain cookbook The Cook's Decameron: A Study In Taste, Containing Over Two Hundred Recipes For Italian Dishes.