Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This Cookbook page needs work. Please . See the talk page for discussion regarding improvements. |
The following reason was given: This recipe lacks clear directions and is poorly written.
Sinigang – the famous sour soup of the Philippines.
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 4 whole tomatoes (sliced)
- 700g pork belly (cubed)
- 300g String beans
- 250g kangkung (water spinach) or other leafy vegetable
- 400g horseradish (sliced)
- 3 chiles
- 300g Sampaloc (tamarind)
- 5 Tbs fish sauce
- 400g taro
- Boil sampaloc in water until shells crack, then work the flesh away from the seeds and strain, reserving all the liquid for the soup.
- Sauté onions in a large pot.
- Add the onion, tomato, chiles, pork and taro to the pot with soup liquid and fish sauce, and simmer until pork and taro are tender.
- Add the horseradish and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Add the rest of the vegetables, and simmer for another few minutes so that vegetables are just cooked.