From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
This version of the recipe is ideal for kids, it is simple to make and very healthy.
Recipe serves 2. Increase quantities to serve more, and add different vegetables as desired for variation.
- 400g tin of baked beans
- 1 onion – finely diced/chopped
- 1 zucchini (courgettes) – finely chopped
- 1 red pepper – finely chopped
- 1 green pepper – finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic - chopped/crushed (optional)
- Put a pan on the stove on medium heat.
- Gently fry the onion and garlic in a little oil – 5 minutes should be enough to start to make them soft.
- Add the peppers and courgette and continue to fry gently for a further 4-5 minutes until the ingredients soften.
- Add the beans and warm through.
- Serve in a bowl on its own or with toast for a delicious and healthy main meal for your little ones.