Jump to navigation Jump to search
Kashkaval pane (or Cașcaval pane) is a Bulgarian dish of fried Kashkaval, a type of cottage cheese.
- 12oz yellow Kashkaval cheese
- oil for deep frying,
- 2 eggs,
- Flour seasoned with salt and freshly ground black pepper,
- Bread crumbs,
- flat leaf parsley to garnish.
- Cut the yellow cheese into slices about ½ inch thick. wet in water. Gently pat off any excess moisture with paper towels.
- Heat the oil until a small piece of bread sizzles as soon as it is dropped in.
- Beat the eggs in a shallow bowl, while the oil is heating.
- On one plate spread some seasoned flour and some bread crumbs on another plate. Start breading: press the yellow cheese slices into the flour, coating them evenly with a thin layer of flour, shaking off any excess flour. Dip them into the egg, then into the bread crumbs, then once more into the egg, then again into the bread crumbs, covering the whole slice.
- Fry immediately in the hot oil until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and serve hot, garnished with parsley. Enjoy!