|Joaquin Murietta's Grandmother's Chicken Soup Recipe
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | American cuisine | Meats | Soups
- 1 whole chicken (without gizzards) or 3 pounds (1.3 kg) chicken parts
- 1 large whole carrot, washed
- 4 sprigs of parsley
- Place ingredients in a large stock pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer for 4 hours or until chicken is falling off the bone. Strain broth into another pot and let cool.
- Place pot in refrigerator for 24 hours. Fat will rise to the top and congeal. Remove the fat.
- Optional: Remove meat from the chicken parts. Add it back into the soup or make chicken tacos (be careful to remove all the bones).