Jump to navigation Jump to search
Hotpot (in Dutch: Hutspot)
Makes: 6-8 servings
- 5 lbs potatoes, quartered
- 3½ lbs carrots, cut into pieces
- 2 lbs onions, diced
- 2 cups ham, cubed
- Add cheese, salt and pepper to your liking
- Cook potatoes in pan, adding salt to taste, until done. Drain.
- Cook carrots, onions and ham, adding small amount of salt until carrots are done. Drain, reserving water from carrot, onion, and ham pot.
- Mash all ingredients, adding enough of reserved juices from carrots to reach a mashed potato consistency. Add 2 to 3 chunks of butter while mashing, to taste.