Cookbook:Garlic Croutons I
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Redirected from Cookbook:Garlic croutons)
|Garlic Croutons I
Garlic croutons can be purchased but are much better when made from old bread. They are a crucial ingredient of Caesar Salad.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Pour the olive oil into a shallow bowl over the garlic and let it soak. Soaking it longer will yield more garlic flavor.
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F (~180 °C).
- Strain the olive oil into a frying pan and fry the bread cubes in it, tossing to coat with oil.
- Spread the bread cubes on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 10 minutes or until crispy and dry.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- To make non-garlic croutons, simply omit the garlic.
- One may omit the prep work of mincing the garlic by adding the whole cloves of garlic to the oil and then crushing the garlic (either with a mortar or a fork).
- By using very small bread cubes, frying crisp, and omitting the baking, these croutons may be used in place of potatoes.