Cookbook:Froga (Maltese Omelet)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Redirected from Cookbook:Froga)
|Froga (Maltese Omelet)|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled
- 1 bunch of spring onions, chopped
- 100 g cooked lean beef or 200 g corned beef (optional), chopped very small and fine
- Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 handful of parsley, chopped fine
- 6 eggs
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Boil potatoes, then mash them.
- Place the mashed potatoes in a bowl and add the spring onions, beef, cheese, the parsley, salt, and pepper. Mix together, then add the eggs and mix everything together.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan. Add 3 large spoonfuls of the mixture to the frying pan, and flatten them out to around 1 cm thick. Cook until golden brown.
- Serve hot with salad and fresh buttered bread.