Cookbook:Fricassée de poulet à l’Alsacienne
Fricassée de poulet à l’Alsacienne – Alsatian Chicken Fricasée
- 2 kg Chicken pieces (4 lbs)
- 250 g Mushrooms (8 oz.)
- 125 g Bacon (4 oz.)
- 10 Onions
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 45 g. Butter (1½ oz.)
- 1 bottle Red wine
- 3 sprigs Parsley
- 1 sprig Thyme
- 2 Bay leaves
- 2 tbs Flour
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350ºF).
- Remove the skin from the chicken.
- Season all the pieces.
- Pour the oil into a flame-proof casserole
- Render the bacon, coarsely cut up and add the onions peeled and minced.
- Add the peeled and minced garlic, the mushrooms washed and coarsely chopped and then the chicken.
- Add the wine.
- Add the herbs.
- Bake for about 45 minutes.
- Several minutes before the end of the cooking period, add the flour mixed with the olive oil to the liquid in the casserole and mix in turning the chicken pieces to coat well with the sauce.
- Sprinkle the chicken with cut up parsley before serving.