Jump to navigation Jump to search
Chocolate truffles are soft chocolate balls. This recipe makes about 24.
- White or dark chocolate 250 grams (chopped into small pieces)
- 1 Cup Double Cream (48% fat)
- 1/2 Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 a cup plus 1/3 cup icing sugar
- 2 Tbsps Butter
- 5 X 1/3 cups heavy cream
- Put the chocolate in a bowl and set over (a double boiler).
- Heat until melted and smooth, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the pot of hot water.
- Add the cream and stir well.
- Leave to cool.
- Cover and refrigerate for 35 minutes or until the mixture is just firm enough to hold its shape.
- Sift a layer of cocoa powder and icing sugar together onto a plate. The icing sugar is to make sure the cocoa powder isn't too bitter.
- Take a heaped teaspoonful of the chocolate mixture and shape it into a ball.
- Roll each truffle in the cocoa powder/icing sugar to coat all over in an even layer. Shake off the excess and set on a tray.
- Continue shaping and coating the remaining truffles. Set on a tray, making sure they don't touch each other.
- Cover and refrigerate. Remove 15 minutes before serving.
- Vanilla Truffle - Use White chocolate, reducing the icing sugar to preference. Add about 1/2 tablespoon of vanilla extract.
- Citrus Zest - Use white chocolate, reducing icing sugar content to preference. Add about 1 to 3/4 of a tablespoon of diluted lime coridial, and a couple of pinches of ground zest.