- Bread in slices
- 2 leaves of lettuce
- 1 egg
- 1 churasco (beef meat) thin
- 1 pepper
- Ketchup (optional)
- Mayonnaise (optional)
- Mustard (optional)
- Cut the loaf of bread lengthwise and put in a warm place.
- Cook the beef in a hot frying pan with a little oil.
- Season beef with salt and pepper.
- Fry the egg alongside the beef or in another frying pan. The yolk should be well cooked (not runny).
- Spread a little mayo on both sides of cut bread. Put the beef, the fried egg and a couple of lettuce leaves and the tomato slices.
- Top with ketchup or mustard to taste.
- Cover with the other half of the bread loaf. Serve hot.
This is a variation which adds a couple of slice of a cold cut called "Lomito Canadiense" which is a cured pork sirloin which might be on the sweetish side if cured with honey. A couple of slices are heated in the frying pan together with the beef and egg and towered before adding the lettuce and tomato.
Another option is called "Chivito Al Plato" which includes all the above ingredients except for the bread. Everything is piled on a plate and eaten with a knife and fork instead as sandwiched in a bread loaf. Some add a few pickled vegetables - cucumber, carrot, etc.
This article was based on an article by the Greek version of Wikibooks